It has been observed and pointed out by recruitment outsourcing gurus that there exists a tremendous skill gap across industries. The main reason for this unbridged gap is the inconsistent and unstable system of education in India. Such a fragility on the learning level creates an imbalance between what is being taught to students in institutions/colleges, and what the actual expectations are that they are faced with in reality. Therefore many candidates, who have the knack and temperament to succeed in pursuing a global IT career, are lagging behind due to improper practical knowledge and training. Keeping this in mind, HCL has started a new division subsidiary in two places – HCL Lucknow and HCL Madurai. These centres aim to provide guaranteed jobs via a specially designed program called HCL’s Training and Hiring Program.
This unique program in Lucknow and Madurai strives to bridge the gap between the deserving candidates and multitude of jobs lying vacant due to shortage of the required expertise and skills. This program acts as a launch pad for the careers of fresh engineers and graduates. It provides them with assured jobs and makes them corporate-ready in terms of technical skills as well as soft skills.
HCL being a huge multi-national corporation continuously requires in-hand talent and expertise to suit the multiple vacant designations in its competitive corporate workforce. Using this unique program, HCL aims to develop and maintain an in-house pool of talented and skilled resources. The program provides the necessary training to develop and sharpen the technical and professional skills of the candidates. Basically, this program focuses on hiring and training the local talent.
Global IT Careers
HCL’s unique Training and Hiring program provides the candidates with the required domain knowledge and technical expertise. Further, they also hasten an individual’s climb to senior levels within the corporate industry. The program gives technical tracks and specializations to the trainees, a few of which are as below:
Specialist Engineering Profile
For a System Administrator role common foundation training on Unix, Windows, Solaris, Oracle & SQL and Linux is provided.
The other tracks of training are:
Windows Specialisation – This includes training in administration, troubleshooting and demonstrating enterprise usage of windows infrastructure.
- Networking Specialisation – This includes training in introduction to networking, basic and advanced study of network protocols, VLANs and Inter-switch trunks, knowledge of switches, router study, EIGRP concepts VLAN based ACLs.
- Linux Specialisation – this training includes multiple aspects of Linux operating system such as OS Installation, Intrusion Detection and Recovery, Service Management, File System Structure and Permissions etc.
- Solaris Specialisation – this training includes different aspects of Solaris operating system such as Solaris virtualization, ZFS, Hands Free Installation, volume management, advance patch and package management and others.
Software Engineering Profile
There are two more specialisations:
- Software Testing – this training includes different levels of testing and concepts related to software testing life cycle and usability testing. Apart from this, it also constitutes evaluation, performance testing and load runner.
- Application Support and Maintenance – a thorough knowledge of Applications Architecture is required for this specialization.
Through this program HCL gives young graduates an opportunity to join a professional workforce and further their interests in pursuing global IT careers.