iBelieve HCL’s Career Program for Women
At HCL, we are committed to recruit and retain workforce with diverse backgrounds. iBelieve – Career program for women is one such initiative which promotes our inclusive policies. This program focuses on skilling and providing employment opportunity to women who wish to start or restart careers in IT.
‘iBelieve is a program for women who wish to START or RESTART careers in IT. Eligible candidates enrolling into this program will get skilled for job opportunities in HCL and post the successful completion of the training will be employed with HCL. As an equal opportunity employer HCL is committed to promoting gender diversity in the workforce, and the company has institutionalised many inclusive policies and programs such as iBelieve for enabling women talent.
Through iBelieve we offer customized skilling pathways as per the candidate’s previous experience and education qualification. Various employment plans available under this program are as follows:
- START YOUR CAREER IN HCL
- Candidates with science or engineering background with 0 - 2 years of IT or non-IT experience can start their careers in new age / agile technical skills through our NOW and NEXT training pedagogy. The 6 month skilling/ training term includes 3 month class room and 3 month professional practice.
- RE-START YOUR CAREER IN HCL
- Candidates with more than 2 years of IT/ITES experience and is returning to work after a break can pursue RESTART pathway. The training period is 3 months and the candidates have the opportunity to pursue the same technical stream as earlier experience, or can receive additional tools training for the open job positions.
- In both START and RESTART, the Technical streams include Full stack Java, Full stack .Net, C++, Embedded, Networking, ORACLE ,Testing (Automation) and Support.
- Age - No bar
- Women with local address proof in Chennai
- Education: Graduate / Post graduate (Engineering or Science)
- Graduation marks – 65% (only for START category. For RESTART the cut off marks are not considered)
- Graduation year – 2015 or earlier
- Online assessment covering Analytical, Problem Solving, Maths, IT fundamentals and Verbal
- Interview to assess training and career aptitude
- For RESTART candidates, there is an additional technical interview
INR 2.6 lakhs for START career pathway. RESTART candidates’ salary is based on market and relevant IT experience .
Fees for the START Program: INR 1,27,000 + Applicable Taxes
Fees for the RE-START Program: INR 85,000 + Applicable Taxes
Candidates will receive stipend for INR 5000/month during professional practice term. Financial assistance in the form of bank loans is available.
This skilling is managed by HCL Training and Staffing Services (a division subsidiary of HCL Technologies). Post successful completion of the training program, candidates will be deployed with HCL Technologies.
Through this program, women from diverse backgrounds will be trained and hired for jobs in – Application and Product development, Mechanical Automation, Support and Testing.
In Campus and near site day care centres, tie-ups with schools, preventive health checks and managed care for family, discounts and special offers for a wide range of amenities, in house grocery / FMCG store and many more